This problem happens when there is a problem with the MSXML component of Windows. The software is designed to use the MSXML component for several portions of the program. If this is not working properly, you will see these results.
Our developers have created an updated file which will bypass this problem and resolve the issue. Please perform the following steps:
- Close all programs.
- Highlight the filename below including the quotes, right-click on it and select Copy:
“Hallmark Card Studio 2008.exe.manifest"
- Click this link here and browse to Save the file in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Creative Home\Hallmark Card Studio 2008 Deluxe
- Delete the text in the File Name field.
- Right-click in the File Name field and select the Paste option. The File Name field should now look like this:
Note: You need to make sure the Save window matches both of the blue boxes shown above. If they do not match, this fix will not work properly.
- Save the file.
- If prompted to over-write an existing file, please select Yes or OK to over-write the file.
- Open Hallmark Card Studio 2008.
Note: When saving the file, it must be saved in the correct location with the correct file name and type. The file name must be identical to the one above. It must have the same capitalization, spacing and punctuation. If anything is slightly off, it will not work.