This issue occurs when the software is not fully installed. At the very end of the main program's installation, it attempts to install a sub-program. For some reason, this sub-program was not installed. Hallmark Card Studio 2008 requires this sub-program in order to work properly. Please perform the following steps:
- Close out all programs.
- Insert the last CD for Hallmark Card Studio 2008 into the drive.
- Open My Computer found on either your Desktop, or in the Start menu.
- Right-click on the drive that has the Hallmark Card Studio 2008 CD in it.
- Select the Open option from the pop-up menu.
- Double-click on the Hallmark folder.
- Double-click on the Program Files folder.
- Double-click on the Creative Home folder.
- Double-click on the Hallmark Card Studio folder.
- Double-click on the "dotnetfx3" file.
- Complete the installation for the .NET 3.0 component.
- Restart your computer
If the above steps do not allow you to install the .NET 3.0 component, please go to the following page:
Once there, follow the direction to download and install the .NET 3.0 component.
After the .NET 3.0 update has been installed, the program should load properly.
Also, we have recently released an update for Hallmark Card Studio 2008. Once you open the program, either allow it to check for updates on its own, or go to the Help menu and select the Check for Updates option.
Note: If you are getting a message stating "Application incorrectly configured...", this will not fix your issue. We are currently investigating a solution for that error message at this time.