We commonly see this issue when the Printing Preferences are set to a different paper size than the expected envelope size. Please try the following:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on your printer and choose the Printing Preferences option from the pop-up menu.
On the Printing Preferences screen, you will look for the option that specified the paper size you are printing to. This will vary depending on the printer make and model. You may need to consult your printer manual for the exact location. Set the paper size to the appropriate envelope size. Click the OK button. Try printing from Hallmark once more.
The HP printers use a sensor that detects the size of paper that is being printed to. For some reason, it may be reporting one size, which is different than the one the program is trying to print to. Some people have found that the following steps resolve their issue:
- Close Hallmark Card Studio.
- Open the Printers folder. To do so, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers. For Windows XP Classic View, click Start, Control Panel, and then Printers & Faxes.
- Right-click the icon for the printer.
- Click Printing Preferences.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- Click the drop-down box under Type is: and select Plain paper.
- Click OK.
- Launch Hallmark Card Studio and try printing the envelope again.