By default, Hallmark Card Studio first attempts to save your projects in your My Documents folder. As long as you did not manually switch the save location to the program's installation folder, you will not lose any of your projects when you uninstall the program. Most people use the default save location.
If you did manually change the save location to the program's installation folder, you will need to move those project files from that folder to another, such as My Documents. You will want to do this before uninstalling Hallmark Card Studio.
Warning: When you uninstall Hallmark Card Studio, you will receive a prompt asking if you want to keep your user preference files and settings. You will select the option that will keep them. Part of those files and settings store your Event Planner information. If you delete them, you will lose all information in the Event Planner.
Note: Hallmark Card Studio 2005 does not prompt for this. It will automatically save those files and settings.
Here is how to uninstall Hallmark Card Studio:
- Close Hallmark Card Studio, if open.
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on the Control Panel, or go to Settings - Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Scroll through the list of programs and locate Event Planner.
Note: Starting with Hallmark Card Studio 2006, the Event Planner is not a separate program. So, if you have only 2006 or later, you will not find Event Planner on this list.
- Click on the Event Planner and click the Remove button.
- Repeat for each copy of Event Planner installed.
- Scroll through the list of programs and locate Hallmark Card Studio.
- Click on Hallmark Card Studio and click the Remove button.
- Repeat for each copy of Hallmark Card Studio installed.
Once done, you will have successfully uninstalled Hallmark Card Studio and saved the Event Planner information along with the preferences and settings.