This problem may indicate that there is a corruption in the font cache file used by the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache service. Hallmark Card Studio requires this component to work properly in order for it to launch. Typically, this problem will also appear in other programs though not in all programs.
Please try the following to resolve the issue:
- Exit all programs
- Stop the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache service:
- Go to Start - Run, type "Services.msc" without the quotes, and then click OK.
- Right-click Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 18.104.22.168, and then click Stop.
- Delete the old Fontcache22.214.171.124.dat file found here:
For Windows Vista and Windows 7
For Windows XP
%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data
Example: C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data
- Update the video card drivers
Note: When updating the video card drivers, you will typically get these from the computer manufacturer if the video card came with the computer. If it was purchased separately, you will want to get them from the video card manufacturer's website.
- Restart the computer
- Verify you can now launch Hallmark Card Studio
By default, the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache service is set to automatically start. So, there is no need to enable the service after restarting the computer. Also, restarting the computer will recreate the font cache file.