The Event Planner information is stored in two files named PLANR32.DAT and PLANR32.BAK. To back up your Event Planner information, you will want to store a copy of these files in another location. Here is an example of one way to back up this information:
- Double-click on your My Computer icon, or go to the Start menu and select My Computer from there.
- Double-click on the C:\ drive
- Double-click on the Documents and Settings folder.
- Double-click on the<USER NAME>folder.
Note: The <USER NAME> is replaced by the login name on the computer. Sometimes, this is listed as "Owner" or "Computer". If you are not prompted to log into your computer, you may need to check with the computer manufacturer to find out the name of this folder.
- Double-click on the Application Data folder.
- Double-click on the Hallmark folder
- Double-click on the Planner folder.
- Select both of the PLANR32 files.
- Go to the Edit menu and select the Copy option.
- Close this window.
- Right-click on a blank area of your Desktop.
- Select the Paste option from the pop-up menu. You will now see a copy of those two files on the Desktop.
You can also store those copied files in another location. This is just an example of one place in which they can be stored.