We have heard of this issue from some people. This issue is related to the fonts not installing properly during the initial installation of the program. To install the fonts, please perform the following steps:
Note: This fix requires that you have some sort of zip utility program to open the ZIP file. By default, Windows XP can open those files without having any zip utility installed. There are free zip utilities such as WinZip and Izarc that you can download. If you are using something other than Windows XP, you may need to use such a utility, if you do not already have one installed. The specific directions for these utilities will be found with their documentation.
To install the fonts, please perform the following:
- Close Hallmark Card Studio.
- Click on this link: Hallmark Card Studio 2012 Fonts
- Click on Save.
- On the Save window, make sure the "Save in" is set to Desktop.
- The file name should already be set to "HCS2012 Fonts.zip". As long as the name is correct, click the Save button.
- After the file is saved, minimize all windows so you can see your Desktop.
- Double-click the "HCS2012 Fonts.zip" file.
- Extract the "HCS2012 Fonts" folder to your Desktop. This can typically be done by dragging the folder to the Desktop.
- Right-click on the "HCS2012 Fonts" folder on your Desktop.
- Select the Cut option from the pop-up menu.
- Double-click on your My Computer icon which is found on your Desktop, or on the Start menu.
- Right-click on your "C:\" drive. It should become highlighted and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Select the Paste option from the pop-up menu.
- Close all open windows.
- Click on the Start button and go to your Control Panel.
- Double-click the Fonts option in the Control Panel.
- Click on the File menu at the top left-hand side of the window.
- Select the "Install New Font..." option.
- On the Add Fonts Window, double-click the open folder labeled "C:\". The folders listed below it will change.
- Double-click the folder labeled "HCS2012 Fonts". Font names will appear in the "List of fonts:" section.
- Click the Select All button. All the names will become highlighted.
- Click the OK button.
- If offered to overwrite an existing font, select the option to do that.
You may be warned that the fonts are already installed and that the originals need to be deleted before you can do this. Simply click the OK button. You may receive several of these warnings while trying to install the fonts. Do not be concerned. Simply click the OK button for each one until all the fonts are installed.
You should now be able to run Hallmark Card Studio with all the cards appearing correctly.