Hallmark Card Studio 2006 is not designed to open the Event Planner every time you start your computer. It is designed to allow you to check for Reminders each day, if that option is enabled. If a Reminder for the day is found, then the Event Planner Reminders screen will open. The only way you can force the Event Planner to launch every day is by adding it to the Startup items.
If you go to Start - Programs - Startup, the items listed in here are set to launch every time you boot your computer. You would have to add the shortcut to the Event Planner to this folder. This is not something that we support with the software, as it was not designed to do this.
The directions that are provided may not apply exactly to your system. If that is the case, you may need to contact someone familiar with your version of Windows to complete this task. If these steps do not work, we cannot provide any further directions than these.
Please try the following:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to Programs and then Creative Home.
- Right-click on the Event Planner icon and select the Copy option from the pop-up menu.
- Click on a blank area of your Desktop.
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Select the Explore option from the pop-up menu.
- When this new window opens, double-click on the Programs folder.
- Double-click on the Startup folder.
- Go to the Edit menu and select the Paste option. At this point, you should now see the Event Planner icon.
- Restart your computer.
If done properly, the Event Planner should launch automatically each time you start your computer.