Duplex printing support was added in Hallmark Card Studio 2006. None of the versions prior to 2006 can perform Duplex printing.
If you have a printer that supports Duplex printing, there are a couple of elements that will need to be configured to use the Duplex printing successfully in Hallmark Card Studio.
First, you will need to set your printer into Duplex printing mode. The exact steps will vary depending on the printer manufacturer. However, the option is typically found in the Printing Preferences window. You can access this window with the following steps:
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on the Control Panel option. For non-XP users, you may need to go to the Settings menu and then to the Control Panel option.
- Double-click on Printers and Faxes. This will display a window with a list of printers installed on the computer.
- Right-click on the printer that can perform Duplex printing.
- Select the Printing Preferences option from the pop-up menu.
- Turn on the Duplex printing option.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
Note: The specific location for enabling the Duplex printing mode will depend on the printer manufacturer. Look for an option that says something like “Turn on Duplex printing”. You need to have this option enabled.
Next, you will need to test the Duplex printing in Hallmark Card Studio. Some printers will change the orientation of the second page automatically. To test the printing in Hallmark Card Studio, perform the following steps:
- Launch the Hallmark Card Studio program.
- Pick one of the pre-designed cards.
- Click on the Print button.
- On the Print screen, select the “Single-fold, 2 page” option on step 2.
- Make any other changes that are necessary.
- Click on the Print Now button.
If the orientation for the second page does not match up properly, you will need to change the “axis” for the Duplex printing. The terminology will vary depending on the manufacturer. However, the location for this should also be in the Printing Preferences. Once the Printing Preferences is opened, you will look for an option that shows something like “Flip long side” or “Change staple side”. Typically, there is a small image to show the direction that it is going to be changed to.
There are normally 2 or 4 options there. Switch the orientation and click on the OK button to save. Then, print a test card from Hallmark Card Studio again. If it is printing out the orientation of the second page incorrectly, switch the orientation again. You may need to go through all options to find the one that works with your printer.