These issues occur when the software is not fully installed. At the very end of the main program's installation, it attempts to install a sub-program. For some reason, this sub-program was not installed. Hallmark Card Studio 2009 requires this sub-program in order to work properly. Please perform the following steps:
- Close out all programs.
- Insert the last CDfor Hallmark Card Studio 2009 into the drive. If you have the DVD version, just insert the only DVD.
- Open My Computer found on either your Desktop, or in the Start menu.
- Right-click on the drive that has the Hallmark Card Studio 2009disc in it.
- Select the Open option from the pop-up menu.
- Double-click on the Hallmark folder.
- Double-click on the "dotNetFx35" file.
- Complete the installation for the .NET 3.5 component.
- Restart your computer
If the above steps do not allow you to install the .NET 3.5 component, please go to the following page:
Once there, follow the direction to download and install the .NET 3.5 component. After it is installed, you should restart your computer. The program should now load properly.